What do you think ?

Valorar esta discusión

mangool8

Publicaciones recomendadas

• Miembro

OK, I am not trying to freak anybody out. I also know about risk of any act and its your responsibility to assess your life risks and bla bla ...

But I was looking at some statistics and reports and it seems like that Argentinian sex workers have a relatively high percentage of STIs.

HIV-1, HIV-2, HTLV-I/II and STD among female... [Eur J Epidemiol. 1996] - PubMed - NCBI

Prevalence of HIV and other sexually trans... [Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

First link indicates %6.7 , HIV positive samples out of 237 individuals .

Now, my question to you is : , is that really true ? has any other study been done related to this ? isn't that a high percentage ?

its a lot more than the Thailand's numbers.

HIV/AIDS in Thailand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

again, I am not trying offend anyone here, just want to know your opinion related to the status of STDs among the Argentinian sex workers. does anyone know any other resource related to this subject ?

Thanks

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios web

• Miembro

Respuesta: What do you think ?

It looks like the research is from a reliable source, and states that the highest ratio is among saunas , this are mainly the lower end of prostitution places. but as it´s not stated the high end ratios nobody is able to asure what´s going on on the top level end.

Enlace al comentario

• 2 semanas más tarde...
  • Miembro

Respuesta: What do you think ?

Well, This study indicates that South America has the second highest prevalence after sub Saharan africa.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Global Distribution And Epidemiology Of Stds - United, Countries, Rates, and World - JRank Articles

it surely has a contributing factor in having a high rates in the above 2 studies. Still I believe the numbers in the Argentinians are high. I am not sure if they just focused in the lower end as 1- you cant segregate them precisely 2- they move around so frequently ... again, if anyone has any comment or resources, please share.

Enlace al comentario

Esta discusión está cerrada a nuevas respuestas.
  • Crear nuevo...

Información importante

Términos de uso y Normas